Postdoc Positions at KAUST
Di Wang is currently an Assistant Professor in the Division of Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE) at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). He is always looking for postdoc positions, with flexible start date. The initial appointment will be 1 year, with the possibility renewal for one for two additional years depending on the performance. The position will remain open until filled. Di Wang obtained his PhD degree in Computer Science and Engineering at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo. During his PhD studies, he has been invited as a visiting student to the University of California, Berkeley, Harvard University, and Boston University. During the last 3 years, he was the first author for more than twenty four papers, include several JMLR, ML, ICML, NeurIPS, AAAI, IJCAI, ALT. He has collaborated with people from several top universities such as UVA, University of Toronto, Cornell, University of Boston, SUNY at Buffalo, MIT. His interested areas include Machine Learning, Statistical Estimation, Fairness, Privacy and Security, see his personal website for details. If you are interested in working or have common interests with him, feel free to send him (email@example.com) your CV. Successful candidates will be further contacted to provide more documents (e.g., two recommendation letters or a short statement of research plans). Candidates need to hold an earned Ph.D. (or be near completion) in computer science or in a related field with mathematics or statistics or good programming skills in C/C++/Java/Matlab/Python. Successful candidates are expected to be self-motivated and have a good publication record (at least have one paper accepted by premier conferences or journals like COLT, NeurIPS, ICML, AISTATS, ALT, ICLR, CCS, S&P, KDD, AAAI, TIT, TPAMI, JMLR, MLJ, TKDE, TIFS etc.) and good command of English. The position holders will perform interdisciplinary research, shape research directions, produce and disseminate results through publications, coordinate research projects and help to supervise PhD. and M.S. students. KAUST offers:
- Very competitive tax exemption salary and benefit package (e.g., free high-standards fully furnished houses, health insurance, education at KAUST international schools for children, 20 days of paid vacation per year, relocation allowance, repatriation allowance).
- Sufficient funding support (e.g., conference attendance and international trip support).
- State-of-the-art research facilities, including one of the fastest supercomputers in the world (IBM BlueGene, 64000 cores, 64TB RAM), and a word-class visualization
- Solid collaboration (including exchange visits) with our partners.
- Vibrant campus life and impressive recreational facilities that include a private beach, marina and golf course.